General Information & Deadlines
This page is to provide detailed policies and procedures which are applicable to funds administered by the Agency on Aging Northeastern Illinois, including those provided under the Older Americans Act, State appropriations, and other related programs. These policies and procedures are intended to:
Describe the procedures that the Agency on Aging Northeastern Illinois will follow in monitoring grant activities and identify the fiscal compliance responsibility of grantees.
Prescribe fiscal and program policies and procedures that will safeguard public funds being used in the Older Americans Act and related grants administered by the Agency on Aging Northeastern Illinois.
If you have any questions or need technical support, contact Jody Stoops, Fiscal Analyst at (815) 939-0727 or email@example.com.
Monitoring and Special Reviews
The Agency on Aging has the responsibility to ensure that all agencies receiving Older Americans Act or other Agency-administered funds operate effectively and in compliance with the terms and conditions of their award documents. As a result, the Agency on Aging has a system for monitoring and conducting special reviews of funded agencies.
Monitoring is the ongoing process by which the Agency on Aging systematically gathers provider program and fiscal data. Monitoring can be conducted through the use of on-site visits and/or desk reviews. Activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Review of provider reports submitted to the Agency on Aging, audit reports, financial statements, cost allocation plans, and other written documentation, as appropriate.
- Review of Illinois Department on Aging performance monitoring and evaluations reports, including discussion and follow-up with IDOA staff regarding provider performance.
- Telephone/Email/Online discussion between the Agency on Aging’s staff and providers.
- Periodic joint meetings with providers.
- Periodic on-site monitoring.
Given the ongoing nature of monitoring, providers will not be notified of the results of every monitoring activity. However, when the Agency on Aging monitoring indicates significant issues, the provider will receive written notice within a reasonable time period of the monitoring results and any actions needed to achieve compliance.
Special Reviews are on-site visits in response to specific Agency on Aging concerns or issues. The results of the Special Review will be formalized in a report and will be issued to the provider within a reasonable time period. The report will detail the findings and actions necessary to resolve the concerns.
Grants DeadlinesDownload the Grants Deadlines PDF
Request for Proposal
Northeastern Illinois Area Agency on Aging is soliciting grant proposals from non-profit and local government organizations qualified to receive Federal/State financial assistance grant funding to provide services for older adults (age 60+) as authorized under the Older Americans Act of 1965 (Public Law 89-73) in our eight (8) county planning and service area consisting of DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will counties. The funding period is October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020.
Primary Solicitation Contact: Grants Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Orientation Sessions: April 15 & 16 at 10:00 AM at our West Chicago Office.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4:30 PM, May 14, 2019
Applications received after this time and date will not be accepted. An applicant may withdraw an application from consideration at any time before an award is issued.
Please consult the attached FY2020RFP General Solicitation document for specifics.
- Northeastern Illinois Area Agency on Aging Content Check List
- Grantee Submission Check List
- Northeastern Illinois Area Agency on Aging PSA02
- Attachment A Allocation Grid
- RFP Application Cover Pages
- Grant Assurances Pages
- IIIB and IIIE Grantee Budget Pages FFY20 with Headers
- Nutrition Grantee Budget Pages FFY20 with Headers
- Applicant Organizational Chart
- FY20 ADRN Access Package Application
- FY20 ADRN Access Services Rubric Final Appendix B
- Transportation FY20 Narrative
- Transporation FY20 Rubric Appendix B
- FY20 C1 Congregate Meals Application Final
- C1 Congregate Meal Rubric Final Appendix B
- Appendix A Congregate Meal Cost per Unit by Program
- FY20 C2 Home Delivered Meals Application Final
- C2 Home Delivered Meal Rubric Final Appendix B
- Appendix A Home Delivered Cost per Unit by Program
- FY20 IIIE CRC Package Application
- IIIE CRC Rubric Final Appendix B
- FY20 IIIE CCC Package Application Final
- IIIE CCC Rubric Final Appendix B
- Appendix A Annual Cost Per Unit
- Appendix D FY20 Staffing Chart Template for Grant Applications
- Appendix C