General Information & Deadlines
Welcome Grantees! This page is to provide detailed policies and procedures which are applicable to funds administered by the Agency on Aging Northeastern Illinois, including those provided under the Older Americans Act, State appropriations, and other related programs. These policies and procedures are intended to: Describe the procedures that the Agency on Aging Northeastern Illinois will follow in monitoring grant activities and identify the fiscal compliance responsibility of grantees. Prescribe fiscal and program policies and procedures that will safeguard public funds being used in the Older Americans Act and related grants administered by the Agency on Aging Northeastern Illinois. If you have any questions or need technical support, contact Jody Stoops, Fiscal Analyst at (815) 939-0727 or email@example.com.
Monitoring and Special Reviews
The Agency on Aging has the responsibility to ensure that all agencies receiving Older Americans Act or other Agency-administered funds operate effectively and in compliance with the terms and conditions of their award documents. As a result, the Agency on Aging has a system for monitoring and conducting special reviews of funded agencies. Monitoring is the ongoing process by which the Agency on Aging systematically gathers provider program and fiscal data. Monitoring can be conducted through the use of on-site visits and/or desk reviews. Activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Review of provider reports submitted to the Agency on Aging, audit reports, financial statements, cost allocation plans, and other written documentation, as appropriate.
- Review of Illinois Department on Aging performance monitoring and evaluations reports, including discussion and follow-up with IDOA staff regarding provider performance.
- Telephone/Email/Online discussion between the Agency on Aging’s staff and providers.
- Periodic joint meetings with providers.
- Periodic on-site monitoring.
Grants DealinesDownload the Grants Deadlines PDF
- About Us
- Funded Services
- News & Events